Day 19 Tuesday June 13th
A Barry family vacation is never considered a vacation without a stop, or two, or three at an Outlet mall. Today we decided to do some driving, stopping and shopping along the way. We drove a lot actually, as we drove from Mashpee all the way up to Maine. Why? Well, we needed to do something to get the sticker on our map AND Man vs Food showcased a restaurant by the name of The Lobster Shack in Maine as well. So what was some more driving?
I have to say that I really loved all the beautiful homes that we drove past. So many of them dotted the coast and were nestled in small clusters off the road or often times standing alone surrounded by so much green, the house windows looking towards the ocean…….
It was also low tide when we drove through and we all got quite a kick out of seeing this-
Boats purposely out of water, lying useless and waiting for the water to return to float them upright again. Such a different way of living for the kids to witness, an eye opener of what it truly means to live near the ocean in all ways possible. When it is full moon, the difference between high and low tide can be upwards of 12 feet!!! Lobster trap buoys anyone?
We stopped along the way so the kids could run on the beach. The very cold and miserable beach I might add. Can you tell?
I didn’t think so…….it could be sleeting ice at the beach and the kids would be smiling ear to ear.
Laurel and I chose to take a different path. The smarter, drier path I must say!
By the time we arrived at the restaurant, located on a rocky bluff overlooking the Atlantic ocean, the kids were hungry-but not before exploring of course. Oh, and peeing. Luke had to go so bad that I had to hurry him into a rocky crag and pray that the folks up the bluff couldn’t see him. When that child has to go, he gives no warning and has no ability to hold it. At all. But anyway…..back to the exploring……
The shoreline was covered with what looked like a petrified rock. It covered the entire area and was pretty neat for the kids to clamber over and explore.
But the appetite soon won over the exploration and we headed in to order. And THAT needs an entire post all its own.
1 comment:
Maine is on my to-do list for sure! I've always wanted to go :)
Post a Comment