Sunday, May 15, 2011

Dear Coach.......

Dear Coach Bill,

You were such an awesome coach.  You really taught me a lot.  I really liked playing the ultimate football game.  I will always remember what a good coach you are.  I'm sad that you are not going to be my coach any more. Some of my favorite things I did with you are juggling, scrimmaging and doing the games.  You really didn't have to coach me for five years.  You are one of the funnest coaches I've ever had.  I am really going to miss you when you aren't coaching. I really think we won all those games form your coaching.

Sincerely,
Ethan
(age 9)

Now, if that doesn't bring tears to your eyes-I know it certainly did to mine and Bill's most definitely.  A few weeks ago, Bill said good-bye to the Coyotes, a team he has coached since Eric started playing 5 years ago.

All the kids have improved so much with their skills that it is time to send them to different, possibly competitive, teams that will continue to challenge and build their soccer skills.  It was an emotional evening for Bill, who got choked up trying to say good-bye to them.  And that made a bunch of us parents tear up too.  It has been a really fun ride, but time for a change.  So long Coyotes, we hope you have learned more than just soccer skills from playing together for 5 years and that you take those lessons to your new teams!!!
  And to Bill....you are an inspiration to me.  To know that you have made that kind of impact on a child not even your own makes me so proud of you!  Eric has been blessed to have you coach him for 5 years-a really special gift.  I guess now it's time to put the focus to Luke's team....your new coaching job!  GO CHARGERS!!

No comments: