OR
DO I try to find the small and not so small moments that remind my why I am blessed to be a mom. 5 days after Mother's Day, I feel like I can see those moments better than on the day of. Except for this one of course....I knew this was a blessing the whole time. Eric received his First Holy Communion on Mother's Day!
Of course, there had to be some drama to the event. The tie Eric was wearing completely fell apart as soon as we pulled into the church parking lot. It has this fancy zipper that lets you cinch it up. Well, it just fell apart....and while I was searching for a safety pin, they took his picture in the church without the dang tie! I threw it around his neck, shoved the end back in, sent him up to the group picture and told him to NOT TOUCH the tie!
After trying to secure it with a safety pin that my mom rescued me with, the other side fell apart. The tie is currently in the trash. My dad happily gave up his own tie for the morning so Eric got to wear a BIG boy tie! As they came down the aisle, they were told no smiling and don't look at your family. I think he did a good job, no?
He was very nervous before church started but very proud of himself afterwards. So were we!
Bill ran off to work as soon as it was over and we went home to pant flowers. More drama. Luke decided to try and dig up a tree root with his trowel......kept on pulling until it snapped and the trowel came back and knocked him right above the eye......luckily no stitches, just a steri strip. Memories....fun memories!
But the day ended well. We enjoyed dinner together...although we all got a chuckle at how the foil packets came out with some real CHAR-broiled food....let's just say the BBQ was a tad bit too hot! The gifts to Nana and GG were well received and I made chocolate cake for dessert. All better! Duct tape roses made by G and J (they are currently obsessed with duct tape creations)
A flower pot filled with smiley flowers
And some of the best mom's I know came together to share a picture...these mom's are incredible, giving, sweet, loving and MINE!
I still think the whole Mother's Day holiday is a gimmick! If I really wanted to celebrate being a mom, I'd go somewhere by myself-peace, quiet and productive! Good thing I love those kids of mine so much that I'd feel kind of guilty doing that!
1 comment:
There is not one person on this earth that could compare with Cari Barry, incomparable mother of five children! Talented beyond belief in everything she does, always stepping up to the plate when she sees a wrong. She is a mother to every child she ever meets and I'm sure some would LOVE to have her as their mother! These five children (in this household) will grow up with the knowledge that their mother gave her all - all the time. They will someday realize how blessed they are to have her in their lives every minute of every day. God bless you Cari!
Post a Comment