Sunday, May 29, 2011

Day 4: Vacation, no driving, Universal Island of Adventure!

Tired, we are just plain pooped.  Today was our first day of 'real' vacation that required only 15 minutes, rather than 15 hours of driving!  We picked up my sister and headed to Universal Studios Island of Adventure, complete with VIP pass and valet parking...suweeeet! 

We got to enjoy front of the line access to nearly every ride and the ones that the pass didn't work for we headed to first...namely the Harry Potter castle ride.  It's no use telling about it without pictures, so until I figure out how to get them to download, I'll wait to tell how awesome it was! *Photos downloaded!  Harry Potter land was fantastic, true to the book with small shops and all the familiar names.....Hog's Head was a fun place to stop for Butter Beer too, SO GOOD!
 Waiting in line for the ride through Hogwarts-the design and atmosphere was amazing!!

  We also got ourselves wringing, down to our birthday suits, WET riding 3 different water rides.  Drenched, dripping, not one dry place to be found kind of wet.  Squeaky shoes, wet socks, sagging pants.....not pretty, or comfortable, but it was fun in the process!  The kids had to add to the wetness by standing in the 'drench' zone of one of the rides we had just gotten off of!



Jacob and I rode a couple roller coasters-one in Harry Potter land that made me feel totally icky-not usual for me and roller coasters-and we then rode The Hulk roller coaster at the end of the day- 2 times.  In a row. 
 Jacob and I are the only ones in the family that ride coasters-so we enjoyed those rides together.  I think Luke might join us once he gets tall enough....he's got a wild streak in him, that boy!

We got back to the condo about 8:45 and lunches are now made for tomorrow-day 2 of Universal Studios.  We are off to the other park, along with April , the VIP pass and valet parking.  Man, are we spoiled.  It's going to make Disney hard to handle!!

Must go to bed.....6:30am comes quickly!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Day 4 at home - ah, I love roller coasters! Especially with Jacob and Cari. But I don't envy your wet socks, shoes and bodies. It is cooler today and the winds continue. Parker likes to lay on the concrete in the warm sun. But he still thinks you (all of you or some of you) are staying here in our house. And he'd like you to come back home. Now he barks at the door!