Whose crazy idea was it to drive from Dallas to Tallahassee in ONE day? Oh, that's right.....ours. Yeah, what were we thinkin'? Mileage for the day was 851 miles. Had all the idiots with drivers licenses NOT been out driving in Mississippi that day, we might have made better time. The whole time I drove, the afternoon is typically my shift, I swear every person who never learned how to merge onto a freeway decided to try so I could contend with them. And those that never learned how to change lanes properly, drive the speed limit-in either direction-and generally never learned driver etiquette were also out on the freeway! I was sweating and had a death grip on the steering wheel the whole time. You'd think folks would stay AWAY from a large white van pulling a large white trailer. Nah, I think it's a magnet.
We FINALLY pulled into our hotel room at 12:20 am. We all collapsed in our clothes, without brushing our teeth or hair, washing our faces or any other bed time rituals we usually partake in. Nope, no stories were read. We booked the hotel as 2 adults and 4 kids, but they didn't get that message and we were in a room with only 2 queen beds. The kids were so tired that L, L and E got the floor-we used the comforters as a protective floor layer. Gotta use what we had at arms reach you know, especially in the middle of the night. With the second time change of the trip, we slept until 7:45 am, 5:45 home time. Yaaaaawn.......is it bedtime yet?
The kids were definitely car crazy by the end of today, our third day on the road. Bill and I have what feels like permanent driver seat butt too! We stopped in and saw Auntie April on our way to the condo..hugs all around! Then we headed off to check in and unload our mighty trailer and all its goods. The kids headed to the pool with Dad and lucky me.......I got to go mingle with the other 12 million visitors in need of food that were shopping at Wal-mart. Good times, for sure! Luke is really run down this evening, not wanting to eat much and has a low grade fever.....I pray it's just travel exhaustion coupled with not drinking enough in the car. Hopefully he'll wake up a happy boy as we are off to Universal Studios with a VIP pass in hand, all thanks to Auntie April, who works there!!
Still can't get the mobile hot spot to upload photos to the blog and can only get Wifi if I go sit in the lobby of the condo-not happenin', at least not tonight, so hopefully soon I can get pictures current with the posts!
1 comment:
Day 2 and 3 at home - not as exciting as your days - and definitely not as long. It is HOT HOT HOT here - it hit 94 on Saturday. But then, we don't have any humidity. I'm not bragging. But we did have excitement. Last night at 3:48 a.m. the smoke alarms sounded loud and clear. Immediately up and sniffing the air. Then check the dog. Hm, no smell of smoke thankfully, no sign of anything wrong. Cat and dog are upset. After five minutes (it seemed) the alarms stopped. Oh where is Bill when we need him - we bet the batteries are dying and will need to be changed or we will be up every night for 2 months!@#!@#$
Post a Comment