We traveled 661 miles yesterday and had stoppage time of just 27 minutes. To us that is phenomenal, to others, it probably sounds like some sort of torture! The kids did really well and with the youngest now 6, the frequency of bathroom stops has lessened. We had a good reason to keep pushing on, we were meeting a friend and her family for the first time and wanted to get there before it was her kids bed time! Anne has become Laurel's 'hairbow lady'.....she makes beautiful hairbows and I found that out after following her blog a while back. We struck up a 'long distance' friendship, ha-ha, and when this opportunity presented itself to meet up, we were both anxious to meet in person! We enjoyed cookies and shakes at Fuddrucker's and our kids? Well, they enjoyed siphoning quarters off us to try and win stuffed animals out of a machine while we visited. Anne's kids are so CUTE! And it felt like chatting with old friends as we sat and laughed-
The group crazy picture....
We ended the eveing with hugs and well wishes and then headed to our hotel. This is how we get 7 people into a 6 person hotel room......3 sideways in the queen bed, 2 on the sleeper sofa and Bill and I in the other bed. The picture is pretty funny...
....and this is where they ended up in the morning-all crooked and sideways!
We ate a quick breakfast and are now on the way to Tallahassee. The GPS tells us it's going to be a 14 hour day. I think we'll have more than 27 minutes of stoppage time today!
3 comments:
Awww..the long awaited trip! I'm excited to go along with you on your adventure, even if it isn't in person. Your blogs will make me feel like I'm there. Have a fantastic, safe, amazing journey! Love you all! Janet
Thursday, Day 1 at home: Well, I cried most of the day - sort of. It was so hard watching that van and trailer turn south out of our beautiful lane (won't you miss the beautiful lane and trees?). Parker whined for awhile then plopped down on his bed. He stayed there with a sad look in his eyes for most of the day. Didn't eat his breakfast until dinner. By evening, I was feeling a little better, mostly because Cari called a couple times. That helped me cope - sort of. I know day 1 is a long day (Albuquerque to Dallas), but the 2nd day will be worse - Dallas to Tallahassee (14 plus hours).
send me one of our pics!!
Post a Comment