So I got to the airport fine yesterday, enjoying a few minutes of freedom as I got my baggage checked in at the curb. The lady working the curb baggage check-in asked for my ID, I handed it over. Yep, the picture matched my face, she handed my license back and I stuck it in my back pocket. Things were going great.....they didn't say anything about my large suitcase that was pushing the limits of size limits, both in dimensions and weight. Good thing since it was the one crammed full of clothes, shoes and toys for my new little nephew.
I made my way to security, dug out my ID again and handed it over with my boarding pass. The security lady did a double take as she went to hand it back to me....what, do I not look like my picture after all? I kind of asked-'everything OK' and she just said 'oh I just wanted to double check your ID, I thought it had expired.' As I made my way towards the security check, I pulled my ID out and looked at the date myself. Well, what do you know, it says that my license expired in December of 2010...WHAT?!!!
OK, so-
1) how could I NOT realize my ID was expired? Probably because I've never gotten a ticket, therefore I have no reason to look at it or remember the fact that it even has an expiration date!!
2) How could 2 different airport personnel look at my ID and say I was OK? I'm certainly glad they did or else I probably wouldn't be sitting here in my brother and sister in laws living room loving on my sweet little nephew, but now I'm worried about getting home! With my luck, Omaha airport personnel will be total sticklers and I'll get stuck!! Guess I'll have to tell them that the folks that work in the airport where I live aren't so bright? That'll speak positively of NM...geez.....
Looks like the first thing I'll be doing when I get home will be gettting a new driver's license......if I get home, that is!!
No comments:
Post a Comment