the cost is minimal and they can invite however many friends they want to. And seeing as how they have a totally awesome kindergarten class and 2 great soccer teams, there were a lot of kids on the list to begin with. So, how the heck do you entertain 20 plus kids? Arts and crafts....lots of them! Bonus-they get to make their own party favors.....
bracelet making goodies-
Pipe cleaner creations
wood face masks to color
He always sticks his tongue out when he concentrates!
perler beads and templates inside..the kids got smart and came in to do this craft when they got too cold being outside!
I also love that at this age, kids love to be creative, so decorating their own cupcake ranks up pretty high on the list of fun. Even better, the mess is outside!
The other hit of the party? A soccer ball. Yup, one little ol' soccer ball....it kept about 10 of the kids busy at all times. It also gave Bill, G, J, and another dad a chance to play with the kids too.
The only disadvantage to outdoor birthday partiees? Weather. It was pretty darn cold with a brisk wind, so birthday singing and candle lighting was done inside...with the directions given 'eat your cupcakes OUTSIDE'!! These are the pictures I just love...the birthday kids surrounded by their smiley friends. In Luke's case, lots of smiley girls! They are sweet girls too.
For the first time in all these years of birthday celebrations, we tried something new for this party. We didn't open gifts until after all the kids left! I felt kind of bad for thinking the kids would want to watch their gifts being opened, but let me say that it was the BEST decision. The opening of gifts is always SO crazy and filled with space invaders.....it drives me nuts and makes the kids feel claustrophobic.....and it's like a race or something! I can't write that fast! So, for anyone reading this that has thought about the option but not followed through....FOLLOW THROUGH! In all honesty, the kids were having so much fun that not one of them even asked when their gift was going to be opened. 6 years, where has it all gone? Before I know it, I'll be blogging about birthday #7.
No comments:
Post a Comment