Friday, April 22, 2011

86 years young!

My fabulous, loving, kind, sweet, sassy, funny, spunky, still drives her car and line dances Grandma, turned 86 years old the day of Luke and Laurel's birthday party.  I sometimes forget that she is in her 80's.  To even think she is 86 just makes me shake my head because if you met her, you'd never in a million years guess her age correctly.  This is the Grandma that thought jump rope looked like fun a couple years back...she gave it a try and took a tumble but got back up laughing at herself for even trying. She also just went to Disneyland a few weeks ago and even rode the teacups (among other rides)!! I pray my life will be as full of joy, family, friends and positive attitudes as she has allowed hers to be.

At Luke and Laurel's party she tried out one of the crafts-perler beads....

She made a pretty heart.......
My most favorite April birthday people ever!  What a special bunch that holds so much of my heart-
She even wrote her thank you note already....geez Grandma, you're makin' me look bad!!  I cherish every one of her cards....I have a stash of them as I know they will be treasured possessions years from now.

Happy 86th Birthday GG, wishing you more healthy years to come!!
I love you

1 comment:

Jules said...

GG is an amazing woman. She went with us to Disneyland and trekked all over the place. The kids wore out before she did!