Monday, March 7, 2011

Another adventure in food of unusual proportions!

A sack of potatoes.  It's my belief  that sack is like a box of chocolates (thank you Forrest Gump), you never know what you're gonna get!  Before I buy a 10lb bag, I try to make sure the potatoes are somewhat decent sized.....after all, 10 lbs of mini potatoes isn't going to do our family much good!

Last week I dug into a new bag of potatoes, looking for good sized ones to peel and cook up for mashed potatoes.  Boy, Eric and I sure had fun pulling one after another out of the bag because so many of them were CRAZY lookin'!  Like this one for instance-we sure 'love' our potatoes!
Or this one 'honey, let's take your temperature'
Have you ever found a potato as big as YOUR head?  Well, Eric can officially say YES!!
Taking pictures of weird food, it's what we do around here on slow days.  Probably a good thing there aren't many of those!!  Next time you dig into a bag of potatoes, look out, you might just be surprised.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Hi Stranger! I finally found enough courage to jump back on here and try to regroup my blog! I have no idea how you find the time!!!! Looking forward to reading all the post I have missed in the last hmmmmm months!

Michelle said...

That's spudtastic!

I really like the heart one.