Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Food of ginormous proportion....

Boys.  They like to eat.  One of ours has finally breached the inner realm of the 'I'm hungry all the time' part of growing up boy.  I was really wondering if we'd get there.....or more I suppose, when, we'd get there. I guess when you have boys and you hear all the stories of how much they'll eat, you just assume they eat that way from the get go.  Only Luke has been an eater from the start, but Jacob now far exceeds his skills in the calorie count.  Oh my word that kid can put it away!  And one thing I never thought would bother me as a parent?  The phrase 'I'm hungry, what can I have to eat'?  I feel so conflicted to even admit that, as it sounds so mean, but I literally get asked that question about 15 times a day...and it drives me CRAZY!  I mean, really, I think I have only answered the question about 123,873 times.  One would think they would know my answer by now.  'Yes, you can have something to eat, no it can't be chips, no a sucker doesn't count, no, you can't eat a whole sandwich...can't you see I'm putting dinner on the table in the next 5 minutes?'  The choices never change much, all it requires is a little thought.  I guess when the stomach takes over, the thought process gets disengaged.

Over the weekend, at the Pinewood Derby event, I think Jacob finally met his match in portion size.  The pack ordered pizza from this little mom and pop pizza place and oh. my. gosh.  I have never seen pizzas this big before. 
A slice was literally longer than Eric's head!
And another comparison...here's Bill's phone compared to the pizza.
I think Jacob managed to down 2 full pieces and finally his never ending pit of a stomach was filled! If you live in town and need some good pizza at a great price (the pizza's were $20 each) then look up Davido's Pizza.  It will also count as aerobic exercise if you have to carry the pizza far from the car into the kitchen..holy cow that pizza was heavy!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Yummo. We'll have to try it out. And I hear ya about that food thing.