Tuesday, January 11, 2011

What the heck do I say without pictures?

I have come to rely heavily on putting posts together based on particular photos, there's no denying it.  For me, photos fill in the blanks when my words are hard to come by or are uninspired or just plain ol' boring.  I think I used to be better at using humor in my posts too, but my kids and the hustle bustle of life has slowly taken it out of me I think.  I need to work harder at trying to find that humor again. 

So what to write about this evening....the one memory card with photos on it I needed has gone missing.  Great.  And I had the perfect post all ready to go!  Oh well!  I guess this will be a mish-mosh of thoughts....randomness at its best.

The past 3 weeks I have been focusing heavily on the yearbook for E, L and L's elementary school.  A friend of mine and I are the sole persons responsible for putting together a fantastic yearbook because, well, last year's yearbook was horrible.  Our principal seemed to think she'd have time to do it and well, she didn't.  And so, the yearbook stunk.  I'm not the only one to think so either.  It was a sentiment felt by many parents, kids and staff......so I'm feeling pretty darn good about the job Jenna and I have done thus far!  48 pages of the total 88 pages are due within the next day and we are 100% on the ball and ready to submit.  I even tracked down the kids and teachers, with Jenna's help, whose yearbook photos were MIA or just not taken.  So every child will be in the yearbook and *fingers crossed* so will every staff person in some form or fashion. 

The kids at the school have come to recognize me and my mickey mouse camera strap and know me as 'the yearbook lady' and boy, are the kids quick to flash million dollar smiles at the drop of a hat, or the slow down of my gait with camera raised. Absolute camera hogs I tell ya'!!  It makes me happy though that they are so excited at the prospect of being in the yearbook.  As kids get older, I think getting in the yearbook, other than a class picture, gets harder and harder to do.  While a little time consuming, since the type A personality in me tends to take over when small details are involved, the web based year book design program is relatively easy to use and with the guidance of another yearbook guru (Lisa did the yearbooks for several years for the school, fantastically too)  I've got a good handle on it now and it is fun to sit down and try to hammer out another layout.  The next big deadline is in March, so it's time to take a small break.

Eric is sitting here reading book 11 of the Guardian of Ga'Hoole series and he keeps promising me 'I'll just read this page mom, promise, then I'll go to bed'.  He has since told me that 5 times.  Must be a good series as he has quickly, and with purpose, moved through the first 10 books.  He even spent a bit of his own money to 'hurry up and get the next one'! There are 5 more left...then I wonder what he'll do!  It's always fun to read a great series but kind of sad when it's all finished up. 

It amazes me...no, actually it irritates me, that the older boys' room/floor can be nearly spotless when they go to bed, yet when I walk past it after they have left for school it looks like they had a dirty sock party with 10 of their closest friends.  Socks multiply, of that I am totally convinced. 

And with that, I wrap up this totally lame and boring post about random odd happenings in my life.   Please, hold the applause....!!  Here's a random photo for my random post.  I just 're' found it tonight while searching folders for something else......my sweet chubby cheeked baby girl!

*I have to say that I have never understood this pose.  Why do photographers think this is cute?  I'm just sayin'......

1 comment:

Krystle said...

Yes, odd pose...beautiful girl so it totally works :) :)