I would find it hard to live in an area of the US where the weather doesn't embody 'Christmas'. You know, cold, wintry, with a chance of snow. I was talking to a co-teacher of mine who is originally form Florida and she told me often times they'd decorate for Christmas wearing shorts....no way!! I know that wherever a person lives, Christmas is a very special time, no matter the weather. That being said however, I am very happy to live somewhere where there are chances of snow every now and again....and the snow showed up yesterday to cover everything in a beautiful white blanket. Enough so that the older boys' school district cancelled school and the other 3 were on a 2 hour delay.
In our house, snow and school delays mean just one thing. Actually, it means several things- a mad rush on the drawers of winter wear, desperately searching for winter boots, and the hurried race to see who can get all the snow gear on first and get out the door........
The kids built snowmen
played with sleds-Jacob was the horse.....
threw lots of snowballs
built a snow fort
and the big kid snow wrestled the dog!
Parker caught his own fair share of snowballs too-
Even Gregory's hamster Poof got to try out the snow!
It was a beautiful sight (except for the rather larger piles of soggy wet clothes on the floor!)
We're happy tonight
Walkin' in a Winter Wonderland!
No comments:
Post a Comment