Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Really, I'm that far behind?

Crazy, flying by the seat of our pants, chock full of a whole lot of stuff to get done....and I'm still behind!

Saturday found us first, decorating our Christmas tree.  It had been standing in the house nearly a week looking very beautiful even in it's undecorated state.....but decorated it looked even better!
The next event of the day?  Pounding the pavement with the boys middle school band as they marched in their first parade! 

The route was a mile long, the evening was chilly and the kids all looked so festive with their battery powered Christmas lights blinking away.
Jacob got to, more like HAD to, carry a Sousaphone and marched like such a trooper, seeing as how the instrument towered over him and was made of fiberglass.  I don't know that I could have lugged it on my shoulders for a mile! That sucker was heavy!
Gregory is 4th one from the left-the short one!!
I think they played Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer about 37 times......and all of band members played the tune from memory.  Our boys are really going to go into high school marching band understanding how it works!  As soon as they finished the parade route, we hurriedly ran to the car and got on our way to the Lobo vs Aggies college basketball game.  It was a night of Weinerschnitzel at 4pm for dinner (as my aunt calls it, diarrhea on a bun....so gross) and then a late night snack of Taco Bell tacos.....
Yeah, I'm so glad there aren't many of those type of nights in our typical life.  However, it was pretty humorous to see how quickly 4 of us polished off 12 tacos.  And how happy these boys were to be eating said tacos at 9:30 at night......

The weekend continued on with business-8 dozen cookies baked and a visit to the man in red.  However, I've used up my allotted 10 minutes of free time for the day and I'm off to work some miracles in the laundry room.  Hopefully I'll be able to visit the blog again soon......

1 comment:

The Wades said...

Glad you fit us in during your busy Saturday. I think your tree looks beautiful!

Way to go, Barry boys! Already marching. Impressive indeed.