And then Lauren got to our house. She was so happy to show Laurel her special Nutcracker......
I hope this is the first photo of years worth, documenting our Christmas trek to see the Nutcracker.We took the girls to Route 66 for dinner. We were in a little bit of a hurry, not knowing how long it would take us to park and all the logistical 'stuff', but they were very happy to play tic-tac-to and color while waiting for their grilled cheese. Laurel had been all geared up for a cheeseburger, but upon hearing that Lauren wanted grilled cheese, well, she changed her order!
Once we parked and got into the theatre, the girls had fun looking at all the neat Nutcracker souvenirs the company had set out. Autumn was so kind and bought the girls a Christmas gift of their very own Nutcrackers! They picked matching ones and have now declared that they are going to collect Nutcrackers!! My cousin Nicki should be bale to tell Laurel all about that little hobby..she collects them too. I bought the girls matching Nutcracker tree ornaments, so they are well on their way with their collection.
Love these two!!
Laurel was very anxious to get Mr. Nutcracker out of the box so he could 'watch' the ballet with her.
I really couldn't have asked for a better reaction to the whole thing. She was attentive, asked questions, quietly, sat in her seat nicely and at the end, proclaimed that the WHOLE thing was her favorite part. She and Lauren chatted back and forth about the parts they liked and both said thank you to Autumn and I for taking them. What sweet little girls we have!!
2 comments:
Ah man, you're making me want to take my girls. Looks like a fantastic, magical night.
I have been a lazy blogger friend! I need to sit and catch up over here! Yall looked like you had the BEST time!!
Post a Comment