Several days ago as I was walking the kids home from the bus stop, a strange figure popped his head out of our yard and started taking pictures. Oh wait, it was just Bill with a camera. He snapped a few of us walking up the road and then told the kids to come in and put their back packs down.
I could tell something was up because he kept the camera with him and was being very direct with the kids. He posed us in the hall
then told us to follow him.....
'keep coming' he said, 'keep coming'......
into our closet (which needs some serious TLC that I haven't got a moment for)......
and then he pointed in the general area by his shoes, underneath his pants. He told Luke to look down there really closely.....
Any ideas on what he found? why GREEN!!! Yes, that special blanket that I had all but blamed Bill for throwing away in a box! Nope, come to find out Luke and Eric had been playing hide n' seek AND eating Berry Berry Kix while hiding. Bill found a trail while trying to organize his shoes.
And why yes, that is my prom dress hanging in Luke's face! Luke was one happy boy. He even got another blanket out of the deal too. My mom felt really bad when he first lost Green and so she bought him a soft blanket. Now he has his well loved Green and sports themed blue. Lucky boy! Weird how finding that blanket made the world right for a moment in time!
I have never known Luke to hide behind clothes in our closet. Guess I better find a new present hiding spot. Darn!
2 comments:
I'VE BEEN FOLLOWING YOUR BLOG, AND WHEN I CLICKED ON YOUR BLOG THIS MORNING, I SAID, "PLEASE LET THEM HAVE FOUND GREENIE"! WHAT A SURPRISE!!!! SO GLAD YOU FOUND IT.
- ELIZABETH
Oh yay!!! Bill is the hero for sure. And to think he was also smart enough to snap pictures of the happy reunion!!
Congratulations.
Post a Comment