That was probably the last time Eric did a really great job listening and doing what he was told without talking back! Hah!
9 years ago today, Eric came into the world. A 6lb 8oz beautiful little boy, one Bill and I were able to hold and love on immediately after his birth. He was the only one that got to enjoy undivided attention that didn't come from a doctor, nurse, O2 mask, warming bed or NICU!! He is perfect in only the way he can be. And for his singleton status, he earned the rights to being rocked to sleep for naps and bedtime for over a year. As parents of multiples, it's those simple joys that we're sometimes not privy to enjoying. We are very blessed to have such a special, unique, crazy little boy, smack dab in the middle of our family.
I cringe just saying he's 9. Middle child status has kept him younger, in both good and bad ways, then many of his friends. He truly is 'the middle child'. There are days I would swear he could be 6, and other days he acts wiser than his years. I suppose that will follow him throughout his life, and I pray it serves him more positively than not.
Eric, you were the sweetest, cuddliest baby boy. One who often times only had eyes for me. You had this heart melting way of grabbing hold of one of my fingers while I held you and fed you and I will always remember that little piece from your baby days. Most days presently, you only have eyes for dad...you love your time with him and are bummed when he has to work. As you grow, your likes and dislikes, hopes and dreams will grow and change.....and we will be here for you every step of the way. I pray your 9th year is wonderful, healthy year filled with great memories! We love you!
PS. I'll see if I can't work on getting your baby pictures digital this year too, how's that for a deal?

No comments:
Post a Comment