Wednesday, November 24, 2010

You never know what might be in an Amazon box

 AT this time of the year...realistically it has become ANY time of the year.... my sweet, deal finding husband and Amazon.com arelikethis.  You can't drive a wedge between them.  And the UPS guy can find our house blindfolded and driving in reverse.  You're laughing...but really, I'm quite serious.

Case in point.  Last night, he strode through the door all giddy that his boxes had arrived.  He proudly lifted one up and announced 'this is an early one for the whole family to enjoy, you can open it after dinner'.  Since I'm not really surprised by much he finds on Amazon anymore, I really had NO idea what we'd find in the boxes.  He tried to make me guess.  I told him 'yeah right, whatever Mr. Amazon!'

Drum roll please...........it was 3 boxes filled with.......CEREAL!!!!

I have to give him a lot of credit, because even when I think he's not listening and that I'm just rattling off mindless conversation, he takes it in (of course when it is something really important or time specific, THEN he doesn't listen).  I had said a week or so ago that it has been hard to find cereal on sale at the grocery stores lately.  And our kids are big cereal eaters.  So he went Amazon on me and actually found some deals!   The life cereal averaged $1.89 a box and all but the Berry Berry Kix (a family favorite if only for the name alone) were around $2.50.  The kids were anxious to show off their dad's creativity to my parents so they marched over their load......
I think he researched how much toilet paper was too.  Guess what?  Nearly cheaper than Sam's Club.  Who knew?! 

No comments: