We even had a recital! Laurel, Luke and Eric played piano pieces-
My Aunt Melody sang a few songs and my mom accompanied on the piano
My aunt, uncle and cousin recited some very funny poetry-
Gregory and Jacob played Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer together on their trumpet and tuba-and sounded so awesome I might add!!
I dug out my clarinet and played a piece I hadn't played in a LOOOOONG time-never realized how scary I look while playing..yikes!
Some group Christmas carols were sung too-
After all the fun we took the photo ops outside with all the leaf piles! My mom's side of the family.....aunt, uncle, cousin and 2nd cousin from CA and my aunt from Iowa, my mom and dad and us-
The Barry side of the family....Bill's parents, brother, sister in law and twin boys-
Let the leaf throwing begin......
And while it is all those fun family moments that will rule the memory bank...there are a few other reasons this Thanksgiving won't soon be forgotten. At 4am Thursday morning, Luke woke me up to tell me he had thrown up-in the toilet thank goodness! He got sick 2 more times and then seemed to be much better. On Friday, Eric got sick about 4pm, Laurel got sick at 7pm, I got sick at 8pm, Gregory got sick at 2am and we're now all awaiting to see if Bill gets it. I think it's the same virus Jacob had last week...if not, he'll be next! We are all walking around like zombies today and I am praying that my parents, aunt, uncle, cousin and 2 year old 2nd cousin don't get it!! My aunt and family are driving back to California today and being sick in the car will NOT be a pleasant experience. Especially since this virus seems to take at least 3 or 4 turns before the throwing up stops! And there are no pictures of the zombies...add that to YOUR thankful list!
2 comments:
Looks like you all had a great time! As for the clarinet...Rio Rancho Symphonic Band meets Tuesday nights at Cibola High School. We need clarinets!
I wish I had been there. Miss you!
Post a Comment