Monday, October 4, 2010

Taken By Storm

Prior to this past Friday night,  I think the last time Bill and I attended a high school football game was probably the last time I was IN high school!  It was a trip down memory lane that's for sure!  We took the kids to the Cleveland High School Homecoming football game and wow, the school spirit was so tangible!

Every where we looked we saw school pride. From the cheerleaders leading the pep rally, the marching band performing ahead of time, the bouncers for little kids to jump in, different school organizations selling shirts and flags for car windows, to the students decked out in school spirit, it seemed everyone was really excited to be there.  Sweet Kimberly snuck up behind the little guys while we were watching the marching band perform-

Our kids find such joy in hanging out with other people's families.  I often times wonder if that is a positive thing?  Should I take it personally?  Hah!  Luckily they are happy kids and others seem  to enjoy their company, so we just go with it!  I call them the welcome committee because no matter who you are, if they've met you, they make you feel pretty darn important.  It's those redeeming qualities that get me through days of me shaking my head wondering if their ears work at ALL.  OK then, that was off topic!  Looking at these pictures, can you feel the love?

After enjoying the pregame pep rally, we made our way to the stands with friends and sat right behind the band.


 Oh we remember the days of being obnoxious band geeks.  *sigh*   And while the school's mascot is 'Storm'-we ironically left the game early because of a big ol' storm!  It was actually divine intervention because Luke and Laurel were getting very restless.  How on earth could they possible be restless while pretty much having free reign while sitting in bleachers next to super loud marching band students?  I guess that magic number 5 had something to do with it.  Yup, 5 year olds.  Very short attention span.

The long and the short of it, we had a really fun time and are looking forward to our next opportunity.  4 weeks from now to be precise.  Maybe we'll even make it past the third quarter.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Aw! Sounds like so much fun! Glad you enjoyed it.. and that you have four weeks to gear up for the next one!