Wednesday, October 6, 2010

A cell phone swap leads to Angry Birds on the brain!

As the boys got their feet firmly planted in their soccer referee schedule, we realized that they really did need a phone in case they needed to contact us while at a field without one of us.  We're actually just fine with the kids NOT having a phone at all-but as a safety concern, we decided to 'bite the bullet' as they say and get a phone for their use.  Granted, it is only to be used to call us and the texting capability isn't turned on either.  Heck, we don't even have texting turned on on OUR phones (I know, that's as shocking as folks saying they don't have a cell phone, isn't it?  Oh well!)

Rather than buy a new phone and have to commit to a new plan, we took my phone and made it their phone, Bill upgraded his iPhone and I got his old iPhone.  The other intent of me getting the iPhone rather than a different 'non-fancy' (as I call them) phone was the thought that I could/would use it as a calendar-seeing as we have kids, and ourselves for that matter, going in 7 different directions. Yeah, well, that hasn't happened yet.  However, something even more fun has.  Completely unhelpful in the schedule department, but helpful while waiting for kids at various places.  I found out I DO actually like video games.  I have terrible hand eye coordination and I go nowhere near the XBox or Wii.  Unless I want to be schooled by a 5 year old holding a remote, that is.  Nope, not for me.  Now, the iPhone...that I can handle and have found a game truly worthy of obsession.

It's called Angry Birds.  Highly addicting yet easy to turn on and off without feeling the need to 'make it' to the next level before saving.  After all, there are many levels.  Bill's on level 5.....you can see I'm way behind! This is level 3-
The kids like playing it too.  Now they have to ask me to let them play and quite often, I actually tell them 'no, it's MY turn'!!  I've had to play some levels 50 times before I get all the pieces cleared.



Good thing there are no limits to how many times you can play a level.  If there were, well, I'd probably still be on level 1-2!!  This is the game that the adults were sitting around playing while waiting for the Rascal Flatt's concert.  Silly, isn't it?!  If you need a good app, pick this one!

2 comments:

Robin said...

And now I'm totally addicted thank you very much.

Anonymous said...

love that game. if you get 'words with friends' (scrabble basically) my username is tuggerandregina
r