Thursday, September 23, 2010

Who says 85 year olds can't put on a good time?!

My grandma.....well, if you've read here for a while, you know how amazing she is.  You'd never know that she is 85 years old.  She drives, flies, visits with family out of town, goes on tours with friends out of the state, and she totally knows how to put on a good time with her friends in the park where she lives.

In fact, just this past weekend, they put on one humdinger of a party and my mom took pictures to prove it.  Are you curious?  How can you not be?!  She and her friends took part in fashion show...one where the fashions were of their own designs.  I'm tellin ya', they are on to something!  Who needs expensive designer dresses when you can have one of a kind dresses designed out of trash bags!

I don't know any of these ladies, well except for my GG of course, but I just had to share their fashions!  First up, we have GG, wearing her 'Tea Time Dress'-do take notice her fashionable teabag earrings!

the 'Ball Gown'-
Ever where an 'evening gown'?  This one might be more comfortable......

Then there was the gown made of all new cotton......right out of the medicine bottles that adorned her hat!
The oh so pretty 'sundress'
The ladies had the pleasure of designing something for a gentleman.......the 'Smoker's Jacket'

The ever popular style with this generation, the 'House Dress'
Had my grandpa been here for this event, he most certainly would have worn this last number with amazing grace and hilarious humor- the 'Double Breasted Jacket'
So so so so funny!  The evening wrapped up with a few dance numbers from the line dance crew-GG led the line!
Now don't you want to grow up to be like them?  I sure hope when I'm 85 I have that same spunk.  Love you GG!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

These are a bunch of real fun, sporting ladies!

The Wades said...

Really creative!! I love 'em all. Your grandma's face sparkles when she smiles. Love that woman. :)

Thanks for sharing.