Sunday, September 19, 2010

Now concluding soccer weekend #2

OK God, really, it's too darn hot for it to be September.  90+ degrees on a mid-September soccer Saturday makes for a long day filled with sweaty, red faced kids and parents trying their best to smear sunscreen on their faces as the kids run by.  Dozens of filled and refilled water bottles litter our car and the cases of Gatorade are disappearing at break neck pace.  Do you think you might be able to turn down the thermostat by next week?  We would all REALLY appreciate it.

The day started once again with the big boys heading off to ref some games before the sibling games started.  Laurel was the first one up and boy did she bring her game.  Granted it was her 5 year old game, but compared to last week's 5 year old game, she did a 180!  In fact, she scored 5 times.  And she didn't even eat Wheaties for breakfast!

I love this one....she's looking at Bill (he was reffing at the time) and the look just says 'pride' to me!
After Laurel's game it was hurry hurry to G and J's game.  This week's game was much tougher compared to last week's and they were handily beat.  Oh well....they still looked good losing!  Laurel had a good time building a rock castle.  The things my kids can find to entertain themselves with....
I managed to see all the games this week..including Eric's!  His team is really working well together this season and he seems very comfortable playing defender.  Sustained speed is most definitely NOT his special power.  Looking cute and serious at the same time is though-
He pulls off looking bored really well too-
So now we are 2 weeks down, 6 more to go.  And if you are ever out and about near a soccer park and in need of a chair, an umbrella, some sunscreen, water, Gatorade,  a wide variety of snacks, fruit, half eaten lunches, or empty plastic and paper bags, well, just look for my car.  I am positive I can help you out.....many times over!

1 comment:

Heather said...

ha ha! I am so impressed that you made it to all the games! What a great mom. When my girls get into soccer, I am coming to you for tips!