Wednesday, September 15, 2010

He's finally lost it

He has FINALLY lost it!  We were beginning to wonder if it would ever happen at all. Nope, he didn't lose his mind...he lost his FIRST tooth!

At the ripe old age of almost 9 years, and after literally weeks of this-

the darn tooth came out.  Funny thing is, there are 4 teeth lose at the same time, and the one we thought was going to come out first is still hanging in there, so it's only a matter of time-probably weeks knowing him-until another one or two come out.
We should have known it would take him forever to lose a tooth.  After all, he was a 4 toothed 22 month old toddler!  Yep, he gummed his burgers to a pulp for a very long time before his whole set of baby teeth came in.  At this rate, he'll be a freshman in high school still losing teeth!

However, the adult teeth are coming in way faster than the baby teeth did...he's already got 2 in on the bottom
and a top tooth that's pretty close!
Yeah, teeth kind of fall in line with cantaloupe.  They give me the heebie-jeebies.  Gross.  Doesn't help when Gregory comes out of his room, TWO NIGHTS IN A ROW, and proclaims that he's 'popped' one of his molar teeth out.   I mean ICK.  Geez, now I've got the goosebumps and twitches.  

By the way, our local tooth fairy is now broke.  She's accepting donations to fund her midnight visits. 

1 comment:

Jules said...

When I was a kid, I looved to wiggle and worry at a loose tooth until I ripped it out. The noise the tooth makes as it breaks the suction from your gum ... exquisite. And gross. :D