I got pictures of everyone in their uniform but Eric, as his game was squeezed in between Laurel's and the boys. He'll have to get his own soccer post I guess! The big boys started the day off in Ref uniform-
Luke and Laurel were very excited to put on their brand spankin' new uniforms. Can you tell?
Luke got the tongue going before the game even started. He does that all the time while he's concentrating-As if watching them play wasn't cute enough, Luke and 2 of his teammates provided a super cute photo op- just call Luke 'squishy'!
In all his 5 year old glory, he scored 3 of the teams 12 goals. Of course, at age 5, scoring isn't hard, just run with the pack and hope the kick gets the ball close enough to count!
After Luke's game, it was on to Laurel's game. Now, she, on the other hand, could have cared less about scoring. She typically was at the back of the pack, but as her mom, I have to say she looked pretty dang cute while trying her best!
Bill and Eric missed her game because they were on the way to Eric's game, which I missed while I was running the boys to their game the second Laurel's was over. Boy, that was a mouthful. I loved watching the older boys game. It was the first time they have played on this team and with this coach...up til' this point, coach has been Bill. I guess because they were surrounded by kids I haven't known for years, they all just seemed older and they played like they were older. And I have to say, G and J rose to the challenge!
They each scored 2 times, so the Barry boys accounted for 4 of the 10 goals. Beaming, I was so beaming! Of course it's not about winning, but it sure was nice for the boys to show the new coach what they are capable of. On a good day, I should specify!
It was an exhaustingly busy day and it didn't end there. After Bill got back home from work, he, my dad, Jacob and Eric went to the Lobo vs. Texas Tech football game. On this particular night, it was pretty convenient that our football teams stinks because Bill was able to leave with everyone at half time and not feel bad about it!
After reflecting on the weekend and smiling at all the fun, I hate to realize that the schedule starts all over tomorrow. Dang. It.
3 comments:
You forgot the part where Bill took Eric to the wrong field and was last for his game! Oh and Eric played great too!
Oops. I meant LATE for the game not last.
Looks like a great time! I love your new header picture!
Post a Comment