Saturday, September 11, 2010

Raise your IBC for a toast!

Last night we attended a simple, lovely, backyard wedding.  There were only a handful of kids...mostly ours, but the few others that were there gravitated to one another.  As kids, they have so much in common.......as thirsty kids, they shared a whole new passion together.  Guzzling root beer as quickly as possible.  And not your every day average root beer from a can.  Nope, we're talkin' high class IBC in a bottle-
Take one down, pass it around, 99 bottles of root beer in the pail........bottoms up!
Makes me wonder about the boys down the road.....hmmmm, this one here might just be the life of the party.  I pray he's not the guy who says 'watch what I can do guys, open a bottle with my mouth.  Ack!
Better start prayin' now.

Well, today we embark on our first ever 4 soccer games in a day combined with the older boys reffing some games as well.  The first child leaves the house before 9am to ref a game, Luke's game starts at 10 with Jacob reffing that one, sprinkle in 2 other games to ref, followed by a 12:40 for Laurel, a 12:45 for Eric-which I won't be able to go see for obvious reasons-and rounding the day out with the older boys' 2pm game.  Oh yeah, then throw in a Lobo football game at 6pm.  Bill went into work at 4am this morning to get part of his hours covered.....he'll go back and forth a couple times today.   My house appears like we have become pack rats, with stuff everywhere and not enough time to put it all away.  And I host Bunco here Monday evening.  Good times.  I need a drink....and I don't drink!  That may change VERY SOON!

No comments: