Thursday, August 19, 2010

My last day with L and L before Kindergarten!!

Over the years, Laurel, Luke and I have created some of our own traditions.  Traditions that while simple, provided many happy smiles.  So today, I decided to wrap up our time together before they go off to kindergarten tomorrow with some traditions.

Our first stop, Chuck E Cheese.  At 9:05am.  Before anyone else was there.  I discovered years ago that the place really isn't so bad when you have the place all to yourself!  There are typically these hanging out of most games
There are no lines, so doing this without waiting or hurrying for the three year old that doesn't understand 'not yet' or 'wait your turn', is a breeze!
And if they want to ride the motion roller coaster 6 times in a row, well, more power to em'!!
I really won't go to the place at any other time of the day or during the weekend, so until winter break or spring break, I think we'll just wave to Chuck.E. from the road as we drive on by!  L and L chose their prizes-
and we were out of there, heading towards tradition #2.  Costco.  Really, Costco!  For quite a while now, about once a month we'd plan a shopping stop at Costco that included either sharing pizza for lunch, or enjoying one of their very yummy churros for a snack.  Since today was a special day, I treated to BOTH!!  If it's one thing we like about Costco, it's their pizza
and churros......seriously, I have never had a churro anywhere else that tasted anywhere close to as good as theirs do.  We buy one and split it in thirds, but  it's still enough!
Now they are riding bikes int he driveway......OK, now they are done and asking to do something else.  Only 2 more hours and our time together will be over when big brothers come home from middle school.  And tomorrow?  Well, it'll be a brand new day full of brand new opportunities.....for all of us.