And he didn't see a problem with it.
But I guess if he was just hanging out with a bunch of other stinky boys, unless he smelled really bad, no one probably noticed! Perhaps showering took too much time away from trashing their tents? Trying to overflow the stream using the water from the trough sinks?....very conservation savvy of them. Either way, they had a whole lot of fun all the way around.
At girl scout camp, wherever we were being housed, we were given a mattress and a bed frame. Rudimentary of course, and covered in vinyl, but still, we didn't have to sleep on the wood floor of the tent. At boy scout camp, if the boys didn't bring a cot or bed roll, it was the wood floor of the tent!
My camp experiences typically centered around horse themed weeks. I loved caring for the horses, saddling them and of course, riding them! The boys-well....their week centered around more boy type stuff-
Archery
Axe Throwing
Rifle shooting
Swimming a whole lot in a super cold pool while working towards the swimming merit badge-this also served as bath time.Rock wall climbing
Leather working
And of course after all the hard work, there was the intense anticipation they all felt as they waited in line for the totally NOT awesome food!!
I think I'll have to let the not showering thing go-they made so much progress in their merit badge work. We are very proud of them for their hard work!! They also were praised by their leaders for being really great boys. It's something that as parents we know, but often fail to remember. Great job boys!!! Of course, I have to admit that the only reason we really sent you was so you'd appreciate my cooking more. Mission accomplished!
2 comments:
Looks like so much fun for them!
What an experience! Who took all the pictures?!
Post a Comment