Saturday, July 24, 2010

The boys are back in town!!

While I'm pretty sure The Boys Are Back In town was the title to a song years ago, I'm using it today as a shout out because my boys are coming home from camp today!!! 

I know they may smell a bit boyish...perhaps a whole lot boyish, but I can't wait to give them a big hug.  Their presence in the house has been missed by the 5 of us.  The bickering hasn't and I am betting that within 20 minutes of walking in the door they'll be in the midst of it with someone......that part I haven't missed, but oh well.......Que sera sera?!  BTW, this was taken during their 'First Aid' merit badge work.  Yikes!
I'm also pretty sure I could cook them just about ANYTHING tonight for dinner and they'd eat it without complaint.  Bill was kind enough to take some pictures of the food from a few of the meals he was so lucky to share with them up at camp (I say that with sarcasm-being with the boys, great, eating the food, not great) and some of  it wasn't quite identifiable.  Bleck.  Keep in mind these are photos of Bill's plate-he who knew better than to go without eating, no matter how bad it was.  It was a 15 minute hike from their tents to the mess hall.
Frito Pie:
Ham, scalloped potatoes, veggies that NO ONE will eat and a large salad to help fill the empty spots!
Some turkey rice concoction, although I can't see any rice.  A rice krispy treat that was severely lacking marshmallows (reported by Bill himself), abnormally green, green beans and again, a salad to make up the difference!
The oh so yummy and always looked forward to 'Biscuits and Gravy'   sooooo bleck! Oh, and powdered eggs........eeewwww
We'll be picking up pizza on the way home for lunch today!   T minus 40 minutes........

2 comments:

The Wades said...

It'll make a turd. ;)

I'm a weird one. I always liked cafeteria food, even as a teacher.

The Wades said...

OK, maybe the powdered eggs did look pretty gross.