Thursday, June 10, 2010

This is what 15 years will get you

We were young.  I was 20, he was barely 22.  But we knew what we were doing.  We'd been together 5 years already.  There was no doubt in either of our minds that on this day 15 years ago, meeting up at the altar in front of our family and friends was where we were meant to be. 
15 years ago we sign, sealed and delivered our marriage vows and marriage certificate. 
We have shared so many wonderful moments! 

This is what 15 years will get you-in our lives at least!

1 rental home
2 college graduations
1 starter home owned
2 personally designed and sub contracted out homes, built out of a lot of our own labor and love
10 cars owned outright: 1983 Toyota Supra, 1988 Toyota Celica, 1990 Lexus, 1995 Chevy Suburban, 1998 Toyota Sienna, 1986 Mazda B6 long bed truck (still own), 1997 Toyota V6 Camry (still own), 2000 Chevy Suburban (still own), 2006 Chevy 15 passenger van (oh yeah baby), 1980 something ginormous Ford F350 long bed truck (still own) and 1 5X8 utility trailer.
1 knee surgery
3 pregnancies
2 C-sections
1 VBAC
5 beautiful children
Torrents of prayers said for one another during those surgeries.
1 near death experience with another that carried just as much potential
5 jobs-although if we count Bill's it's more.....he has worked for over the same company since 1994 just changed positions many times over the years.  2 nanny jobs, 2 preschool jobs
2 cats
2 dogs
States visited: CA, AZ, UT, WA, OR, TX, NY, FL, NE, OK, IA, IL, GA, TN, SC, MO, Washington DC
Countries visited together:  Ireland, Mexico, Costa Rica, Guatemala
Countries visited on his own: Israel, Ireland, China, Malaysia, Costa Rica, England
Gifts brought home in sweet husband's suitcases: countless!

The most important event to come out of 15 years of marriage-the ability to 'come home' every day to the person I can honestly say I love more today then I did 15 years ago and the knowledge that, as we said to one another in our vows, we will be together until parted by death.
Happy Anniversary honey!  This serves as your card this year.  Sorry, but I never made it to Hallmark......but there will be plenty more years for that!!  I love you-thank you for the marriage we have created.  I thank the good Lord every day for you and our life together.  Now let's pack up the trailer for vacation!

4 comments:

The Wades said...

Geez, your post was so much better than mine! What a show off you are! OK, for my 15th!

Sounds like you two have already had a very rich life together. Here's to 50 more years! Happy Anniversary.

Robin said...

Happy anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Just goes to show what the Lord will provide and all the blessings that He gives us. We are all so blessed and happy for you two!
Love Mom

Karen said...

Congratulations!!! I am a June Bride also...June 7th!

What a sweet post (which reminds me, I guess I should write one also for our anniversary!)