Wednesday, June 9, 2010

First pool visit of the summer

Summer break is officially underway.  The pool visit made it so.  And while it was blazing hot out last week, we reached a very early record breaking 100 degrees, the pool water was a little TOO refreshing for my taste!  COLD water.  Did it stop my kids?  I think not...if freezing cold lake water won't, cold pool water certainly won't either!
My friend Lynette and her boys invited us to go with them.  My kids love Lynette AND her boys.  Super sweet boys that indulge Laurel's clinginess with smiles and wonderful attitudes.
Thankfully Catalena and Lynette's boys willingly took turns catching L and L at the bottom of the slide......because there was NO WAY I was going to get that wet in the cold pool.  Of course if I had to, I would have.  I think?
After the fun it was time to warm up and head on out-
We are anxious for the next pool day and I sure hope the water is much warmer!!

No comments: