Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Ready to go off to Kindergarten

They have called this preschool home for the past 9 months.  A comfortable, loving, friendly environment-
And this past Saturday, they pomped and circumstanced their way up the aisle to their official preschool graduation. 

They wore their cap and gown with such pride and beautiful smiles!!!  They made us smile with pride too-
It's all too easy to see how they'll look in another 13 years.  Do you think they'll smile even bigger?
I'm sure they'll try but I'm not sure that's possible! 

 We worked with our classes for a couple of weeks on some cute moving on to Kindergarten songs and they sang them loud and proud!  'I'm Ready to go off to Kindergarten' sung to the tune of the Oscar Meyer Wiener song....

Oh I'm ready to go off to Kindergarten
that is where I really want to be
cuz' when I go off to Kindergarten,
everyone will think I'm really SWEET!

'Kindergarten Here We Come', sung to the tune of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.....
Kindergarten, here we come
we know we'll have lots of fun
lots of things to make and do
reading, writing, counting too
Kindergarten here we come,
we know we'll have lots of fun!

And then the best part of the day...more pictures followed by CAKE!!!
I got through the day just fine...makes me wonder why though.  Was I not sad?  Did this not represent the ending of such sweet, happy, and carefree times for Luke and Laurel?  Well, of course it did, but it also represents the time for them to continue their journey of learning, and growing into amazing little people...all at 'big brother's school'.  The day is coming all too soon that I will have no little people at home with me during the day.  Now THAT part makes me sad.

3 comments:

Robin said...

They are growing up so fast. They look adorable in their caps and gowns!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful day you must have had. Makes me excited for them!

karen

The Wades said...

Really, really precious!

You didn't cry? I cried hard at Grant's end of the year program and he goes back next year!

You're right--they will be in high school before we know it. So very crazy.

Congratulations to the graduates. :)