Saturday, May 22, 2010

Good kids, great parents, TERRIFIC year!

My year as a preschool teacher has quickly drawn to a close.  And I think I finally realize that teaching might really be my thing, my calling.  I have thoroughly loved my job this year and to add to the joy is that I was able to share it with some wonderful, supportive parents.  The parents of my preschoolers this year have been so great...so, so great!!  A teacher can't ask for anything more than parents who want to participate, help out, lighten the load and be supportive, however it is that the teacher might need.  My class was filled with parents like that!  My personality type leads me to make connections with people, to get to know them, and as my preschoolers graduated today, I said goodbye to our time together, but also hello to new friendships forged.  Blessed..I am blessed.

On our last day of class, we had a laid back, fun filled day and as it came to a close, several of the moms told me to stay put while they took the kids inside.  After they led me back in, I walked in to find this waiting for me.
I was so touched by their generosity, by the care and thoughts that went into presenting such a meaningful gift.  All my kiddos had a little something to say to me and each thought was written on a hand made flower that had a gift card nestled inside.  I just could not believe it.....and the kids said such sweet things!
To know that I had that kind of an impact on an precious little person makes me feel really good about myself, about the job I have done as their teacher.  It's not often that a person gets the chance to impact a child and even though it's 'only' preschool, I have to feel good that the kids in my class have a positive view about school and are so excited and happy to be heading to Kindergarten.

Over the summer I will have fun using cards to all these fun places.......Keva Juice, Sonic, Starbucks, Barnes and Noble, Target, Wal-Mart, Bath and Body Works, movie tickets, Sunflower market and Hobby Lobby.  I am one lucky girl.  Gregory tried to convince me to get him something with the Starbucks card....I told him no way Jose.

Next post, all about L and L's graduation day!!!

2 comments:

The Wades said...

Awesome gift! Good work, Mrs. Cari. I'm sure you'll miss those little cutie pies.

Anonymous said...

What a great gift (and cute idea)! You deserved every single one of those cards...I can imagine what a wonderful teacher you are!!!!

Karen