Thursday, April 8, 2010

Happy 5th Birthday Luke and Laurel!

April 9th, 2010
To our sweet Laurel,
You are sparkle and sassiness rolled into one. You laugh hysterically with your brothers and do a darn good job keeping up with them. You are just as willing to roll down a grassy hill with your brothers as you are to twirl in a girly dress. You can run after the soccer ball with speed and a smile plastered all over your face. You give the best hugs, ones that leave me saying 'Laurel, take it easy, I can't breathe!', you are just as happy to help clean the couches as you are to flip on them, despite me telling you 'Laurel, those are not a jungle gym!', you can be loud and raucous and quiet and thoughtful. You bring joy and pink sunshine into our lives. When you were born and I was in the recovery room, I asked your daddy if you were a pretty baby and he said 'of course she is'! You are beautiful sweet girl!!! Happy 5th Birthday Honey!

To our cuddle bug Luke,

You are spunk and sweet, all rolled into one. You are a mama's boy. My sweet boy that loves a certain soft green blanket. One you refuse to sleep without. You are an emotional little boy.....you can laugh and cry, all within the same minute. You are just as willing to play picnic and barbie with your sister as you are to dig in the mucky sandbox with your brothers. You love to play kitty and doggy and have perfected sounding just like a cat! You are just as willing to run after the soccer ball in practice as you are to sit down for a water break! You have the softest little ears and the silliest, sweetest smile. You are a ray of little boy sunshine...and you can be a mama's boy for a while longer, I won't complain. Happy 5th Birthday baby!

You were good little babies....I miss those days but look forward to all the great things to come!

3 comments:

Robin said...

Happy birthday Luke and Laurel!!!

Anne said...

I love brand new baby pics!!! They were so precious!!! Hope they had a great day celebrating at school!

The Wades said...

What a wonderful birthday tribute you did! I loved every second of this post. Happy Birthday, L and L.