Saturday, April 10, 2010

Celebrating birthdays at preschool...one last time.

A few days ago I got kind of teary eyed thinking about it. This would be the last birthday to celebrate with our kids while they were in preschool. Over the years there have been 5 birthdays, this one making it 6. Our kids always feel so very special when it's their birthday and they are in preschool. Line leader, choice maker, picker of the special book, chooser of the snack table, wearer of the cool birthday crown. It is a precious time and one I'm really going to miss.

As is our birthday tradition, the night before Bill and I got to work decorating L and L's room and seats at the table. The kids have come to expect it and are always very curious as to what they'll find in the morning! We went for door deco and fan deco! And hard-to-sit-in-your-seat deco!

Bill was able to be home when the kids woke up to see their surprises...usually he's out the door by 6:30 am, so him being home was a GREAT birthday treat! They opened their gifts.......
I got the birthday cupcakes ready to go...
and we were out the door for a fun day at school. Who's helping who out here?!

Bill was also able to surprise them at school at snack time....they were THRILLED!! I was also very happy that he told work to leave him alone for 45 minutes....although he still got paged while there, but hey, we'll take it when we can get it!
Happy Birthday was sung and candles extinguished. 5 already, really? Ouch, that makes my heart hurt.......

I decided to spare no expense for their special birthday lunch. Especially considering I had about 30 minutes tops because we had to get to the boys' school for their D.A.R.E. graduation. Any guesses as to what lovely establishment I took them? Wait for it.......wait for it......
The oh so famous and ever so unhealthy....McDonald's!!! Oh, but they were very happy and, amazingly enough, the employees were very friendly and seemed like they may have even liked their jobs...shocker, I know. One of the ladies was super nice and asked if L and L could have an ice cream after they finished their lunch. Well of course I told her! What's some ice-cream after the cupcake laden snack? The manger kindly came over and wished them a happy birthday too! I do believe I'll visit that McD's again. Someday.
We ended the day with a surprise dinner out. The kids love this local Chinese buffet-why? Not for the Chinese food I'm sorry to say. But for all the other stuff they serve there.....like these fried donut/bread roll thinga ma bobs. Don't they sound so good for you? In all seriousness, they do like to eat the good for you kind of food that is offered too. Their Mongolian bbq is really good! There was some jello consumed, some rice, some fruit, some beef and chicken, some of those really bad for you bread rolls, and last but not least......more ice cream!
A lovely day for a birthday......it was sunny and beautiful.......a perfect match for our newly crowned 5 year olds!! And they have finally removed themselves from the ceiling since coming off their sugar high!
Tomorrow we'll be celebrating GG's birthday, Bill's birthday and L and L's birthday with a family BBQ. April is pretty busy around here!

No comments: