Thursday, April 15, 2010

Chuck E Cheese's...Where a kid can be a kid

Or, your husband can pretend he's still a kid and sit in the Ferris wheel and cause it to quit working. Shoot, did I say that out loud? I was supposed to keep that one on the down low......
His morning started out so well too........
I found these cute little metal buckets and cool spiderman 3D type cups at Target. They were in the dollar spot and were 50% off.....score! Each child got one with their name on it to help them keep track of their own tokens and tickets......
Keeping with that intro, Luke and Laurel's birthday party at Chuck E Cheese's was great fun. Especially when Bill tried to be a kid! We got there early and had the place to ourselves until just before the party ended. Let me say, that is the ONLY way to go to CEC. I hadn't been there in several months and since the last time they had replaced the whole kiddie area with new games as well as new games throughout the main play area. I think pictures will tell the rest!
Here's Bill trying to still be a kid....it actually started working but then stopped and it kept repeating 'please fasten seat belt'. Don't get me wrong, he didn't deliberately break it...oh no, but we now know it really IS designed for kids!
Bill tossed Eric into it to see if it would resume it's rotation with someone a little bit, ummm, lighter. Doesn't he look thrilled?! (We let Eric be absent from school for the day.....we would have let big brothers come as well, but they were still in the midst of their Standard Base Testing)
Have you ever wanted to feel like a hamster in a ginormous running wheel? Well, chuck e cheese has got you covered-and if you are taller than 5'3", I'd suggest you just watch. you could really hurt yourself!
One of the older boys looked at these pictures and said 'did they spit all over them?' NO...they did not!
I think the hit gift of the birthday this year were these cute little fur real type animals. Luke already was enthralled with his tiger cub my parents gave him, but add the leopard in from C and C and he was SO happy! Laurel was very excited to have her own panda too.
They have since named them 'Tigey', 'Lepy', and 'Pandy'. Still workin' on the creativity....
Bill and Eric got to play a little 'Guitar Hero', one of the new games recently installed....looked like they had fun!
Smiling with their good buddies Catherine and Chloe, twins who turned 5 last October.

Thank you Chuck E Cheese for our last mid-week, early morning birthday party. I can tell you we probably will not be back again to celebrate a birthday with you. I don't do CEC with crowds and crazy children. No thanks, I've got enough of that at home. Every day.

1 comment:

Heather said...

So glad the kids liked the animals. We should get them all together and play zoo...the kids w/ the animals and us with the kids. :)