Saturday, March 27, 2010

Who's in preschool NOW?

Whoever said preschool is for 4 year olds was WAY OFF BASE! You see, I took an 8 year old, a 10 year old and an 11 year old with me to work...and I had a hard time deciding WHO exactly was having more fun. My kids or my students.....or both? Whenever the school district has teacher conferences, I still have to work since it is not a city wide school district holiday. And my kids really like to come with me to work. They are so helpful!

We happened to be reading "Green Eggs and Ham' on Friday and so, we of course had to make green eggs and ham. Catalena does NOT like scrambled eggs, but she was such a trooper and encouraged the kids enthusiastically to try them. Jacob wasn't too sure about it either...shocking as that is to say about our garbage gut....but he cheered them on as well. Eric helped Luke and Laurel's class and was really good that day. Thank you Eric. It seems green eggs and ham are pretty good...all but one in my class cleaned their plates and even asked for seconds. Luke and Laurel ate theirs up too!

However, the real fun didn't start until we went outside to play. Several of the girls in my class globbed on to Catty and she was happy to play along. They wanted her to be a part of the slide choo-choo train. Kinda hard to fit down a preschool sized slide, but she did! They must have done this 30 times.

Jacob got his turn too....

Then, one of my super sweet, yet so-filled-with-energy-and-adrenaline-you might-think-HE-is-the-energizer-bunny, decided he was going to play chase with Jacob and then take him down!!
Jacob was kind enough to 'let him' take him down, smiling and laughing the whole time. This stuff is so up Jacob's alley and I have to admit that I think he is going to be a pretty fun daddy when the time comes......25 years from now. He has a true playful spirit and ability to play at a moments notice. I'm very thankful for these days. My kids are sweet and they make me feel good when they still want to hang with me. I think I'll keep em'!

No comments: