So this Friday I'm showin' some love to my awesome aunt and even awesomer great aunt. And I know that's not even a word, but she deserves that word....she is pretty darn awesome. She took care of me for weeks at a time some summers so that I got the chance to hang out with my cousins. And now? She loves my kids like they were her own grand kids...and they think she's pretty darn awesome too!
This first picture is of her and I in 1977. I am 2 and 1/2 years old. Aren't we so cute?

And this is her and Laurel...July 2006. Laurel is 15 months old.


And this...also showin' some love to Carlsbad Caverns....see, I meant it when I said it had been awhile since I'd been there! Try 1984! That's me on the far left, my Uncle Mike, Aunt Kathy (she didn't become Auntie K until I had kids) and my cousins Julie and Nicki.
SO glad to have this picture and all these great memories. We love you so much Auntie K!!!! No grumbling about the pictures either now missy....we love you any way we can get you and you are beautiful!
2 comments:
I'm so glad you have her. What a wonderful aunt!! I don't know why should would even complain about those pictures--totally cute!
Thank you for the lovely tribute. The pictures are great (Sheesh! Looks like I've had the same "do" forever.) You're right, I do kinda love you all. The times we share are very special. (Who's the skinny guy I'm sitting next to? He looks vaguely familiar :))
Post a Comment