Monday, March 29, 2010

If my son were a hippy...

If Jacob were a hippy, I think he'd look like this-
Whaddya think? (Funny story about that hat...Bill wore it once when we drove up to his brother's house in Omaha....and his brother bought the disguise as the real deal...for a brief moment anyway!) I think he channels the look quite well. And I think I'd have to sneak into his room at night and cut the long stringy stuff off!!
We have a toy box full of dress up stuff and Saturday morning all 5 got down to business. I missed my opportunity to take snap a picture of Darth Vaderosausus, Pikachu, and a variety of other silly get ups. Oh, and the mess that came with it. The kids are experts at recking anything remotely tidy in a matter of seconds......they say it's genetic?
If our dog was a shoe salesman, I think he'd look like this-
Whenever someone new comes over, or if my parents walk through their door, he HAS to pick up something in his mouth. Fuzz, slipper, paper, book, toy car, shoes..sometimes 2 at once..., you name it, he'll pick it up, all in the name of making an impression. AS if to say 'here, take this as a sign of my undying affection for you'! Crazy dog.....
Gregory's trumpet arrived FINALLY this Saturday. He was thrilled...and so now we get to enjoy the sound of airplanes buzzing overhead made by Jacob while 'playing' the trombone, along with high pitch, yet fuzzy sounding squawk's from G's trumpet!

1 comment:

The Wades said...

Ah, Parker is so funny. I've seen dogs do that before--what is that anyway? Funny little quirk that makes their humans laugh.

Go, Jacob--you edgy thing, you.

Tell Gregory we'd like to listen to him play. . . in three years! ;)