This week officially qualifies as one of those weeks I am SO thankful does not happen all that often. Of course with a big family, one would think weeks like this are typical. But not here. We try to keep things somewhat simple, but even simplicity can stack up to CRAZY!!! Now, I bet there are many of my friends whose week looks just as crazy, but I'm feeling the need to jot it all down so I can actually remember all the places I, we, and they need to be this week!
So Monday, ah, lovely Monday- work, bank, try to finish up tagging remainder of garage sale items, try to fold clothes from one of the 5 laundry bins overflowing with clean clothes, feed the kids as soon as they get off the bus, rush them into their soccer stuff, push them out the door at 5pm, meet Bill at the soccer park at 6:30 so I can get to my Bunco group in a somewhat timely manner. This probably would have been a good week to get a sub for that, but it's my one girl's night out, so I'm stickin' with it.
Tuesday- 9am vet appointment for Parker, squeeze in some house cleaning since the lady that tidies out house every other week comes tomorrow....funny, clean the house so she can clean the house!, head to work for 11 am staff photo, grocery store, more tagging and laundry folding, get the kids from the bus, pray there is something edible in the fridge or freezer, send Eric off to cub scouts, toss L and L into the tub, leave at 8pm when they get home to go and buy some clothes for Laurel from a friend of mine in the twins club. Pre-shopping before the sale this weekend!
Wednesday- work, hurry home after work in order to throw the big boys in the car and get them to the dentist by 2pm for retainer checks and adjustments. Pick up Eric and Friend at CCD, get home, feed the kids something from the probably now empty fridge and even emptier bank of ideas, rush them into their soccer stuff, push them out the door by 5pm, get Luke and Laurel ready for the Kindergarten open house at the school they'll be going to next year. Come home, tag more stuff that I have yet to tag for the garage sale and fold laundry from the now 6 bins of overflowing clean laundry. Be prepared to be woken in the middle of the night since Bill is on call
Thursday- BREATHE! Spend the morning getting absolutely nothing done as I surf the web, read blogs, update my own, then panic as I remember all the stuff I was supposed to get done, get ready to go pick up Auntie K from the airport...YAY!!! We love when she comes to visit! Get us all home, apologize for the lame dinner choices, throw the kids in the car as soon as they tumble off the bus and head to the Target parking lot to drop G and J off with a friend to go to that friend's birthday party. No, the party's not a Target...just a meeting spot! Sure hope I remembered to get him a birthday gift earlier in the week. Go back home, eat dinner, throw L and L in the tub, argue with Eric why he needs to shower, get them in bed and go back to Target to pick up G and J. Be prepared for Bill to get paged at the most inconvenient time since he is on call again.
Friday- usually it's work, but I got a sub for the day! Now take L and L to preschool, go back home and finish up the last of the garage sale stuff, then go to the kids school to see the talent show. Catalena and a friend will be singing 'You Belong With Me' by Taylor Swift. Hope it finishes up with enough time for me to get more done...the whole purpose of getting a sub after all, then go pick L and L up at school. Prepare all the kids bags for the night since it is the twins club garage sale and with both my parents and my in laws out of town, my kids are being sprinkled around town to good friend's homes for overnight stays. THANK YOU DONNA AND AUTUMN.....lifesavers! L and L's godparents are taking them for their first sleep over as well. Fingers crossed it goes just fine! Head off to the sale by 4pm and stay there until at least 10:30pm. Come home, crawl into bed and say prayers of thanks that this week is OVER!!!! Then say prayers that the boys' soccer games go well on Saturday and I won't feel compelled to write 'Soccer parenting 102'
Saturday: Figure out how and when to collect all my kids from their overnight visits. Kick myself when I realize I forgot to wash their soccer uniforms. Oh, wait....I actually already did that! Score one point for me..yay!
I hope your week is a bit more laid back. But if it isn't, we'll all be in it together! It's like Survivor, right? Outwit. Outplay. Outlast.
2 comments:
Now I need a nap!
Yikes! I'm glad you are still coming to Bunco and Jon is glad J & G are coming to his party!
Post a Comment