Me? Well, I was all curled up under the covers, peacefully sleeping. However, at 5:46 we were woken up by our house phone ringing. Really? Who the heck calls that stinkin' early, and on a Sunday for Pete's Sake? Oh, that's right. The company my husband works for. Because, after all, they have the right to call him whenever the h-e-double hockey stick they want to.
Yes, we have come to loathe Bill's job. The fact that the company wants accessibility to him and others he works with at all hours of the day-including the 2 days that we get to actually SLEEP PAST 5:45 am-really ticks me off. Actually, it does more than that, but I really don't want to start my Sunday off by cursing. Out loud.
The fact that work life balance means NOTHING to this company anymore, well, that just sucks. That's not a curse word really, right? The fact that as each week ticks by there seems to be more things they want from him, expect from him, well, that just sucks.
I mean really, if you want my husband's undivided attention 24/7, why don't you figure out some areas you could improve upon in terms of how you treat your employees, how about that? And I don't even think money would make a difference. Sure, could make it easier to swallow, but when the core reasons for why it makes my blood boil, his blood boil, when I think about it all, money won't do a dang thing to change it, touch it, soften it, or make it any more acceptable.
So, while I sit here with Bill working at 6:30 am on his day off, I pray that God helps us through this period of time. But right now, being hacked off is all I got. And while it won't make the company go away, it makes me feel better. And the fact that Bill feels the same way-well, not hacked off (actually, he is hacked off-he just deals with it better than I do), but he is very apologetic to me and hates how things are right now too, well, that does make it better. A little.
So, ***** (insert company name of your choice, I'll insert mine), pull your head out. Your employees...many of them as a matter of fact.......hate their job and no longer think you are 'the' company to work for anymore. You are a job, a means to pay for life. You've lost respect. The end. Oh, and our phones won't be working this afternoon. WE'RE TAKIN' NAPS!
1 comment:
What a bummer! I'm sorry, guys. Hope it gets better.
Post a Comment