Bits and pieces that make up a whole lot of something. Not a whole lot of 'big' excitement happening around here, but plenty of bits and pieces.





Solar System-and I'm not talking about the Milky Way- Bill has been giving his every spare minute to getting the second set of solar panels up on the roof and functioning. Let me just say, those panels weigh a TON. Really, a ton. My dad and I worked as part of the pulley system to help Bill hoist them up on the roof.

Gregory served as photographer and had Bill 'pose'. Yes, he is a macho man. There isn't much he cannot do. Except learn when to get rid of out dated clothes. Like that coat. It's like 15 years old. Oh well, at least it's just his 'work' coat!
Gregory also took some pictures of Parker-actually he took like 15 of them. I deleted all but one. Thank you digital technology!
The other pet-the Rodent, AKA Poof. A very sweet hamster she has turned out to be. She gets held a whole lot, pet a whole lot, and fed a whole lot.
All the kids love her but because she is Gregory's pet, he chooses to be a bit stingy, unfortunately, about sharing her. I think he's worried they'll squish her or something.
Fresh out of the case, our home now has the sounds of a trombone rumbling through it. Yep....the days of listening to the trials of learning a new instrument are upon us. The boys have both chosen to play in band next year when they enter the 6th grade. Jacob *hopes* to play the trombone. While the band director will have the ultimate say, we are hoping that if he has the instrument in hand and can get used to the mouth piece and such, that he'll be able to play. We found one in terrific condition on Craig's List and brought it home yesterday. Ironically, it was from someone I know in the twins club I belong to!
He has pulled it out of the case at least 5 times and seems to like it. So far. You know, it has only been 24 hours though! Gregory is hoping to play trumpet so we'll be on the lookout for one of those and Catalena hopes to play the clarinet. She's tried mine but will need a different one to play on in band. Squeekk, skwak, splat, tweeeeeee......all sounds we'll be hearing a lot of soon!
And Parker, well, he's just a good boy. Constantly subjected to the whims of the kids, but always game for whatever they have in store for him. On this particular day they dressed him up as a cowboy, er.....cowdog? Yee-haw, get along little doggy....in his case it's more like 'get along not so little doggy'!
Hoping for a great week. Then again, soccer practice starts. It may be great but most definitely less productive!
2 comments:
I asked Brooke if she wanted to learn an instrument next year. She said no. I was both happy and sad. I don't think my nerves could handle the noise in this house. Ahhh. I tend to go a little crazy when they take too long getting their snacks out of the packages!!
Bill is such a go-getter! What a guy.
Oh, and Parker is adorable! What a pooch putting up with all of that. Super cute picture of him.
Post a Comment