For nearly 10 years, I suppose it's actually closer to nearly 11 years, this one lone photo, in what should be a series, has been hanging on on our walls. Silently, it has awaited for a few other photos to join it. Thankfully, after booking a photo session under a tremendous special, we were finally able (in the financial sense) to go back in the archives and have the rest of the series printed.
We love Kim Jew photography because they do such a great job capturing moments at just the right time. And because they are so good, they are also so expensive. As are the majority of all great photography studios. Over the past 13 years they have taken photos of us (longer if you take into consideration all they took before I got married!) and we typically just purchase the 8X10 that comes with our session fee. So when Gregory and Jacob were babies it was the first place we headed to capture their littleness. And to also capture family heirlooms being worn. You see, they were baptized in gowns that belonged to family. One of the gowns was mine when I was a baby, and the other was one handmade by a great-great-great grandmother on Bill's side of the family. Jacob is wearing mine and Gregory is wearing the other. Hard to believe they were EVER so tiny! Jacob is on the left-
Can't remember which came first...the peaceful picture or THIS one!! Gregory is on the left-
When Eric was born, we of course had to get a picture of him in the baptism gown as well. He was so good and peacefully fell asleep between pictures with Gregory and Jacob and his own solo picture. This is one we ordered just a few weeks ago.
Last but not least, Luke and Laurel had to finish out the series. I want to eat them up, they are so stinkin' cute!!!! I am so happy to finally have professional photos of each of them in their baptism gowns. Yay for great specials and employees willing to dig for archived files!
Now I have to get the new ones framed. The photos are one expense...the frames, a whole other!!!!
3 comments:
Precious!!! That's so great that you were able to go back and order them after so many years.
So sweet! That reminds me I should probably take my little guy in for some pics.
What great pictures! I wish we had more done when they were that little!
Post a Comment