Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Highly trained

A few nights ago we got the chance to enjoy a fire in our fireplace. The weather has to be just right and we have to plan to be home the whole day. I love those days! Anyhow, as Bill was tending to the fire, putting on another log, the kids all gathered round and sat down to watch. Because, you know, watching that kind of thing is so interesting. I guess.

They each seemed to have thoughts on where he should put the log, how the other logs should be moved, that Bill should blow on it to catch the log on fire faster.....that sort of thing. At that point, Laurel pipes up rather loudly-


'Guys, leave him alone, he's highly trained!'

Yes, our 4 year old little girl believes her daddy is 'highly trained' to tend to that fire. SO glad we got THAT all cleared up!! So silly, we were all laughing. Where does she come up with this stuff?

1 comment:

The Wades said...

That story is priceless. I bet Dad was so proud.