Sunday, January 31, 2010

Oh, say, can you swing

As a child, one of the things I thought would be the absolute best was a tire swing. A tire swing, swinging by a long, graceful rope under a gigantic, majestic tree. Got over that one pretty quick.....we don't grow many gigantic, majestic trees in New Mexico. I thought a hammock would be pretty cool too.....that never materialized either. Oh well.
Last night we enjoyed dinner with some friends at their house. And. They. Have. A. Tire. Swing. Yes, it swings under a gigantic tree. Guess I grew up in the wrong part of town!! The kids had an absolute blast swinging so high!! Despite the fact it was nearly dark and pretty dang cold, IMO anyways. Kids, do they EVER get cold? Oh, right-when it's time to clean up the dog yard. I forgot.
Eric and Jacob testing out the swing first.
Gregory and the girls.....looking like he wants to say something or wants to hurl...not sure which!
Catalena and Jacob
Luke, Catalena and Julia
Laurel stayed inside and colored with Regina..who is a very patient and sweet 13 year old. When I told Laurel whose house we were going to for dinner she exclaimed 'Oh, Regina, she's my best friend'! Goosey girl.....
Hide N' Seek followed dinner and was interrupted briefly for chocolate cake and homemade ice cream. Then it was back to 8 crazy kids chasing each other while we sat and enjoyed adult conversation while trying to ignore the 8 crazy kids. Good food, good friends and a tire swing. Now that's a great way to spend a Saturday evening! Missing Luke and Eric in this picture, but they were happy and smiley elsewhere in the house!

3 comments:

Anne said...

We used to elbow and bowl each other over in Elementary school running to be first on the tire swing! Its gone now of course: God forbid the kids enjoy such a simple pleasure! Nothing like spinning really quickly and sticking your head in the ropes and staring at the ground!Whoooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! :0P

Karen said...

I LOVE a tire swing!!! Even more, I used to love one those big huge tractor tires that were cemented into the ground and you could climb inside. You don't see these things anymore....

The Wades said...

I want a tire swing for GGYR. I'm thinking it can happen with some type of support, right?

Cute header picture.