If this Lava Lamp could talk, it would weave quite the tale. I'd imagine it would go something like this:
In my days of youth, I sat around a lot. On a shelf, perched where I could look out at all the people that passed my way. I would get my hopes up every time some child would point at me with wild excitement and say 'I want that!'....but all too soon my hopes were dashed when the adult standing next to the child would roll their eyes and say something to the effect of 'in your dreams'. Yep, a whole lot of tickets had to be coughed up in order to take me home.
In my boredom, I noticed this one couple that were pretty regular customers. They looked like middle schoolers, but judging from their behavior and not their looks, I'd guess they were older. They'd come in all lovey-dovey, walk right on past the golf clubs and golf balls and head right for the game room. I wanted to yell out 'SUCKERS!' but really, can Lava Lamps yell? Umm, no. They typically came with a coupon...or two..or three...geez, where did they find all those coupons? Anyways, they'd load up on tokens and play video games and then they'd play a bunch of the games that spit out tickets. Relentless they were.

So time went on.....at least a year went by...could have been more. How was I to know....I can't count. But one day, my dreams came true!! They came into my place with a brown grocery bag crammed full of tickets. They pointed my direction and sure enough, I was on my way to someplace other than the crummy shelf I had sat on for WAY too long! They took me home, plugged me in and enjoyed the crimson light I gave off after I got warmed up. It was good while it lasted. Then I got stuck in a box. Great, wonderful, so much more scenic than the shelf. Sigh.
And today? I am officially out of my box once again and now light up this kid's room. I haven't been formally introduced yet, but he seems alright. He finds me pretty fascinating and turns me on and off and on and off and on and off.......and I'm OK with that! I hope it lasts awhile. I'm tired of cardboard!
4 comments:
Oh. MY. GOSH!!!! Look at yall! In matching white pants none the less!! So cute!!
Great writing!! Love the pic too!
You're too cute. I found myself believe the tales of that ultra-cool lava lamp. I'm a little jealous I didn't start dating Max when I was in high school--but he would have been in middle school and that would have been weird, huh?
Love the flashbacks! Keep 'em coming.
Was this Putt Putt?
That picture is just AWESOME!
Post a Comment