Thursday, January 7, 2010

Everybody should have one

As I was trekking in and out of the house this afternoon unloading the car, it struck me as I approached the house and saw this waiting for me- How loyal can you get? He followed me back and forth and back and forth and then waited patiently for me at the door until I came back in the house.

He lays down in the kitchen while I am cooking....always in front of the fridge which isn't always that convenient, but he moves when asked.

He lays at my feet sometimes while I type away on the computer and serves as a really great foot warmer.

He has this internal clock and he just KNOWS when it is time for the kids to come home from school.

He wags his tail til' it nearly falls off when he sees me get the leash and we head out the door for the bus stop.

He wakes up groggy in the morning, goes out to do his business and comes back in like he just had a shot of espresso....tail going 90 miles a minute and his rear end is wiggling nearly as fast.

He whines when the kids cross the street to get on the bus.

He greets new people..and those he knows quite well...like long lost best friends that he hasn't seen in years.

He makes us play fetch the ball just about as often as we make him play fetch the ball....I think he's laughing on the inside.

He thinks our couches are as comfortable as we think they are...but only when we aren't home.

He lays in front of Luke and Laurel's bedroom door most nights while I put them to bed and waits until I come back out.

And one of the best things about him? He doesn't talk back, he actually listens 80% of the time and I only have to repeat myself a couple of times. He so has the kids beat!

He is one terrific, warm, fuzzy, hyper, loving and well loved dog. Thank you God for our dear Parker! I hope you have a Parker in your life.

1 comment:

The Wades said...

Oh we do! I love Hank so very much. I'm with you--he listens and doesn't talk. It's so lovely. ;) Perhaps Parker and Hank can have a play date some time. Don't tell Max-he doesn't think his boys should have "dates." Hee hee.