There's nothing like having my own hair to tend to in the morning, Laurel's, Luke's, and now one of our most responsible children's hair as well. Why? Why do I now have to tend to the locks of a 10 year old? Surely he's old enough to take care of it n his own you are probably thinking.
I'd agree with you except for the part about him growing it out because he wants longer hair. Longer to the point that it makes me squirm every time he comes down the hall with a half attempt of 'fixing it' for the day. Ugh.....I am SOOOO not a fan of mop top do's. Looking at him you may think I am just plain crazy because it sure doesn't look that long. Keep in mind he had just spent five minutes in my salon-
However, when curls start to materialize near his temples (do you see them?) and he can do THIS with it......
that, to me screams...'too long'! Who the heck made this hairdo popular anyways (not the Alfalfa one, I know where that one started)...and what did their mother have to say about it? Obviously she wasn't nearly as opinionated as me. Thanks a lot whoever you are!! Thankfully Gregory is pretty level headed and when he asked me 'how do I get rid of these curls?' and I said 'cut it', he said 'O.K.' One day very soon, cut it will be! That'll buy me back an extra 5 minutes in the morning since I won't be blow drying and putting mousse in my 10 year old son's hair in order to help it look decent.
And don't get me wrong, if he had his heart set on long hair I suppose I'd find a way to suck it up and deal..all the while shooting his head dirty looks......and be happy that he is happy. But yeah for me he finally saw it my way! I promised him no buzz cuts either.
3 comments:
I'm so glad none of my boys has wanted long hair. I like short hair on boys!
He needs to do what my freshman in college cousin does: he washes his hair, puts an insane amount of gel (I think) in it, smoothes it just how he wants it and then- here's the trick- PUTS HIS HAT ON TO MOLD IT while it dries!
I'm not kidding you.
What are these boys thinking???
(Rest assured its a phase. Even Jas had long hair for awhile.)
I'm not a fan of long hair on boys either. But, you know what, I think Gregory looks really really cute in that top picture. Don't tell Garrett.
Post a Comment