Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Let's start at the very beginning

So, I figure if I post every 2 days then maybe I'll be done posting this Florida trip by the time it's Christmas. It's counting down in a whole new way! Of course that means I have to hope nothing noteworthy happens from now until then either......hmm, probably won't happen, so get used to Disney/Florida talk!
To even get ourselves to Orlando, we first had to pack up a whole lot of baggage. And then cram it all into the van.
Next up, get ourselves to the gate, together, along with all our belongings. The shoes through the security scan was enough to stress us out!! 7 pairs of shoes pulled off in a hurry, it was kind of funny-and stressful. Note to self...don't put all shoes in the same bin...it makes security gurus suspicious! They ended up sending ALL our shoes through the extra special sniffer machine. Poor machine......
After arriving at the gate in one piece, the kids were all very anxious to get to their seats on the airplane.....they obviously didn't realize they'd be STUCK in them for over 3 hours!
We split up 2/3/2 on the plane. I got the lucky row of 3. Luke and Laurel were my seat buddies. Thank goodness that they did very well. The excitement of what was to come carried them through beautifully.
We arrived at 9:45pm Florida time and finally got ourselves and our ummm, 12 bags, to the hotel by about 11pm. It was a long day, soon to be followed by numerous long days. Day one down, a lot to go.......

1 comment:

The Wades said...

Isn't it nice with them getting older? It is actually possible to split them up. What a cute family you are.