Well, I am living outside my comfort zone in requesting prayers in such a public way. I don't know why I feel awkward about it-people pray for people every day. Strangers pray for strangers every day. So, I'm going to feel awkward about it for 5 seconds and then get on with it because I think my little guy could really use some prayers.
He has been sick with this flu thing since last Thursday. The fevers broke late Friday evening and Saturday he was even showing a little bit of his happy normal self. However, late Saturday night he spiked a fever again and the coughing got worse. After taking him to urgent care they gave him a prescription for Tamiflu and sent us home.
Since then his fever has not gone below 102 degrees and during the night last night it actually went over 103, nearing 104. Now, I'm usually pretty level headed when it comes to medical type stuff. Both through experience and knowledge in the family, not a lot shakes me. However, there is a gnawing in the pit of my stomach that is getting hard to ignore. With so many healthy children being affected by this flu strain I can't help but worry. He slept most of the day yesterday and ate very little. Thankfully he did want to drink during the night and finished off half a bottle of Gatorade. A good sign.
So, if you can please keep him in your thoughts today, pray that he continues to drink plenty and stay hydrated and that his fever breaks. I'm calling the doctor when they open just to make sure there isn't anything else we should be doing for him and that this is all 'normal' for this flu. And pray Laurel's progress doesn't reverse again too.
And I pray you all don't have to have any experiences with it. It's no fun. Thank you in advance for your prayers!!!
1 comment:
Just said a prayer for him- and and one for yall for strengh and wisdom- and I'll do more throughout the day. Always trust your Mommy Gut- if something is really not right, you'll know. Hang in there! {hugs from TX}
Post a Comment